About BATS codes
BATS (BATched Sparse) codes are developed to improve the network transmission rate of networks with packet loss. In contrast to traditional retransmission based approach for resolving packet loss, network coding is employed in BATS codes to compensate packet loss along the way, and improve the throughput for multicast.
BATS Codes: Theory and Practice
by Shenghao Yang and Raymond W. Yeung
Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2017
You can get a copy from M&C Bookstore.
(an incomplete list)
- S. Yang and Q. Zhou, “Tree Analysis of BATS Codes,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 37–40, Jan. 2016. DOI:10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2499192
- S. Yang and R. W. Yeung, “Further Results on Finite-Length Analysis of BATS Codes,” in Global Communications Conference Proceedings (Globecom), 2016 IEEE, 2016.
- X. Xu, M. S. G. P. Kumar, Y. L. Guan, and P. H. J. Chong, “Two-Phase Cooperative Broadcasting Based on Batched Network Code,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 706–714, Feb. 2016. DOI:10.1109/TCOMM.2015.2512584
- H. Zhang, K. Sun, Q. Huang, Y. Wen, and D. Wu, “FUN Coding: Design and Analysis,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1–1, 2016. DOI:10.1109/TNET.2016.2516819
- X. Xu, P. K. M. S. Gandhi, and Y. L. Guan, “Reliable broadcast to a user group with limited source transmissions,” in 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2015, pp. 2048–2053. DOI:10.1109/ICC.2015.7248627
- S. Yang and R. W. Yeung, “Batched Sparse Codes,” Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 5322–5346, Sep. 2014. DOI:10.1109/TIT.2014.2334315
- S. Yang, R. W. Yeung, H. F. Cheung, and H. H. F. Yin, “BATS: Network coding in action,” in Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), 2014 52nd Annual Allerton Conference on, 2014, pp. 1204–1211. DOI:10.1109/ALLERTON.2014.7028592
- Q. Huang, K. Sun, X. Li, and D. O. Wu, “Just FUN: A Joint Fountain Coding and Network Coding Approach to Loss-tolerant Information Spreading,” in Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing, New York, NY, USA, 2014, pp. 83–92. DOI:10.1145/2632951.2632965
- T.-C. Ng and S. Yang, “Finite-length analysis of BATS codes,” in Network Coding (NetCod), 2013 International Symposium on, 2013, pp. 1–6. DOI:10.1109/NetCod.2013.6570815
- S. Yang and R. W. Yeung, “Coding for a network coded fountain,” in Information Theory Proceedings (ISIT), 2011 IEEE International Symposium on, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2011, pp. 2647–2651. DOI:10.1109/ISIT.2011.6034050